Aims of the School
Caring for Others † Achieving Excellence
Our mission is to ensure every young person is nurtured, challenged and supported so that they go on to fulfil their full potential.
In this Church of England School our core belief is that everyone is created in the image of God. At St James’s we are a family. We work together to ensure:
- Christian values are at the heart of everything we do. Every member of the school community will be valued, nurtured and treated with dignity and kindness.
- We are ambitious for every young person and we work to challenge and support every young person to be ambitious for themselves and foster their joy of learning.
- Achieving excellence to empower our young people with a curriculum that inspires and engages all pupils so that they make excellent progress
- We provide a safe and happy environment in which all pupils have the opportunity to develop personally, physically, socially, academically and spiritually.
- All our students are compassionate, considerate and kind. We want all St James’s students to be active citizens who contribute to our school community, the local community and more broadly. We are growing young people to be the good citizens, co-workers, friends, neighbours and parents of the future