SCHOOL BUS TIMETABLES - SEPTEMBER 2020
Please click here for the updated timetables effective from September 2020 supplied by Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM).
YELLOW SCHOOL BUS UPDATE - SEPTEMBER 2020
Under normal circumstances, TfGM would by now have completed the process of allocating Yellow Bus passes to students ready for the new academic year in September.
TFGM will continue to provide Yellow School Bus services, however, will remove the requirement for students to obtain a pass to travel on these services for September 2020. No current passes will remain valid beyond the end of this academic year.
While this may be a change from previous years, they believe the requirement to obtain a pass would be a significant barrier for some students, particularly those who may not have access to the internet over the summer holidays or whose circumstances may have changed in recent months.
Usage will be reviewed and a pass system may be re-introduced from October half term.
SERVICE PROVIDER RISK ASSESSMENTS
A MESSAGE FROM TFGM
Transport for Greater Manchester
🏫 If your child is returning to school, please cycle and walk if possible 🚲 🚶♂️.
By #cycling and #walking you're reducing air pollution, improving your own health and helping to keep public transport for those who need it most 👍
Visit @officialtfgm for guidance 👉 https://bit.ly/3bSAUfi
CHANGES TO SCHOOL BUS FARES - September 2020
With effect from September 2020 the following fare changes will apply on School Buses:
- Single fares (with IGO) £1.40
- Single fares (Non IGO) £1.80
- Return tickets(with IGO) £2.40
- Weekly tickets £7.60 - this is only valid on school days and dedicated buses. It's available to purchase on the bus or at a TfGM Travelshop. It can only be loaded onto an igo card.
- Carnet ticket (10 single trips) £10 - this is only valid on school days and dedicated buses. It's available to purchase on the bus or at a TfGM Travelshop. It can only be loaded onto an igo card and will be valid for 28 days from purchase.
Please remember to receive the concessionary fare all students should have an IGO to travel on the buses - if they cannot show their IGO pass they can be charged the higher fare. Apply for an IGO pass on the TfGM website.